7.28.2004

"It's Tight Now,
Wait Until I Iron Out the Kinks..."

When I was a child I used to have just one recurring nightmare.  It went something like this: I would be standing in a dark room, in the center of a circle of light.  I'd here the twang of a bowstring and an arrow would shoot out of the darkness.  I'd see it coming and step out of the way. 

(C'mon, I was a kid addicted the fantasy fiction, all right? ;)  )

A few seconds would pass, and it would happen again.  And then again.  And again.   Each time they would come a from a different direction, each time they would come a little quicker. 

I never actually got shot, but the "nightmare" part of the dream was when Harley the kid realized that, in the near future, they would come too fast for me to duck or block.  I was able to predict it happening, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Yesterday was almost that day.  Almost.  While getting the GT pdf up I ran into fourteen different hassles, then work imploded, then the board meeting .... then the pdf had more problems ... then ...

You get the idea.  Nothing terrible or dramatic in and of itself - each just a single arrow shot from the darkness - but taken together they were just short of an "eargh!" moment. 

Whew.  Still, yesterday, wasn't that day.  Almost, but not quite.

So, where do we stand?

  • GT is at the printers.  As soon as it is available, you'll be the first to know.
  • Thanks to Noise of MNTS, Poison Clan Press now has its own domain and page ... which is - of course- now outdated.  I'll clean it up today if I get a chance.  Eventually it will have code to buy copies of GT pdf/print, and links to authors/artists along with their bios.
  • We're beginning work on the next anthology, as well as our first d20 product.  We'll be contacting authors in the next few months.
  • Correspondence.  I got a metric ton of email yesterday.  Give me a little bit to get through it all.
  • GT corrections.  I found a handful of really minor, yet really annoying errors in the RPGnow file.  This is my highest priority of the day.  Pronto, pronto, pronto.
  • Related to the above: editing.  I'm not the best, and PCP can't afford to not have quality editing.  So we bit the bullet and took on a "real" editor.  You'll see her editing work in the next antho.

Whew. 

Meanwhile, I can't sleep cause I'm so excited about GT.  Heh.  Still just a litte kid at heart. 

Rock on Chicago.  Rock over London!  Too excited to know when to say when.   




No comments: