5.08.2005

Four Hours to Midnight
Up against a word count tonight (again). It’s amazing how quickly 30k can vanish when you’re working on gaming material. I hope to have the module finished by midnight --- much later and my output drops, and my writing goes from merely bad to really bad.

Once again the Knights of the Patio have stepped up to the challenge and agreed to be test patients. Hopefully this module goes over better than the last one.

Off to work for me! I hope you are all doing well. Some Big Deathy celebrities have been dropping by … track down Erik’s blog at

http://www.livejournal.com/users/eriksdb/

...and check out his cover. Fun stuff, and encouraging to all of us standing on the side lines!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, so what's the next module about; are you going to give us any clues?

Harley said...

Sure thing ... the working title is "Into the Wilds," for levels 1-3. The PCs explore the Foehammer Spires (oooooooooh, ;) ) trying to find three keys to open the vault of the Dwarven Lords.

Goodman wanted it to have the feel of "Keep on the Borderlands," so half of the module is cave crawl, and half is in town action.

Writer High Points:

-Rolling Rock Trap + Pit Trap = PCs being chased into a pit, then sealed inside with 2 tons of rock on top. :)

-A character named Marshak.

-A goblin shouting "Beeyark!"

-Dungeon beneath a waterfall. (Loved that one since the expert set.)

-The World's Sneakiest Team of Gelatinous Cubes. :):):)

=====

But how is your module coming?

Harley said...

BTW, I've been meaning to send you a Fogey prize. Look for soomething in the mail soon. :)

Harley said...

MNTS,

One last spam and then back to work:

Rob converted the last segment of our skate video to quicktime, so hopefully I can get it from him and figure out how to post it ...

...then everyone can laugh at old men falling down on concrete. :)

Anonymous said...

There needs to be at least one of those bits of dialogue that went like this:

Grimbones: Aaaaahhh! *crash*

MNTS: Okay, that was cool. Now do it again.

GB: Grrrrr.

Anyway, that's a nice sounding module. I have fond memories of KotB. It came with my Basic Set and was the first module I ever GMed.

Kameron said...

I thought it was "breeyark"? Or is the change intentional to avoid infringement but still pay homage? I need to make more money so I can start buying Harley's modules. :p

Harley said...

Kam,

I'll have to double check to make sure I get it right .... infringement intended. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

Erik