10.31.2005

And in other news ...
Despite the lingering disappointment about the WoD, today was not a complete wash. I was hired to write another module for Goodman Games. The trick is that it needs to be done in time for a February convention --- it’s a crunch, but I think it can be done.

So far two of my adventures have been published. That leaves another seven somewhere in production, either being edited or on their way to the printer. My career is sort of the iceberg of d20 publishing.

Heh. Anyhow, Happy Halloween, Choosey Deathers! Thanks for being such great friends to a skull in need.

WoD News

"We were going to announce the five winners of Round Two of the World of Darkness Fiction Contest on Halloween, but the competition is so fierce and the winners so difficult to determine that this announcement has been postponed until November 15th.

(Ok, actually it's just taking the judge a long time to read through the 100 sample chapters from winners of Round One, but those winners don't want the judge to rush, do they?!)

Mark your calendars, because on November 15th we'll begin to share some of the sample chapters we received. See if you agree with the judge's selections."

The original post can be found here.

10 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Argh! More waiting!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, man. Two weeks. Make that your new mantra.

-Ed

Lara said...

Sucks!

Anonymous said...

"..., but those winners don't want the judge to rush, do they?!"

Um, yes. Yes they do.

~Tank

Harley said...

*laugh* Just like old times, eh?

Anonymous said...

keep a stiff upper lip! They're probably just having a hard time believing the genius of Stroh opus, rereading it over and over again.
technobi

Kameron said...

Wow, ten d20 publishing credits under your belt. That's great! You'll be plenty busy with the new project; Nov 15th will be here in the blink of an eye.

Jw said...

You know I'm not much of a D&D type, but while in NYC I did have a chance to look over your two published adventures and I liked them a lot.

So, I don't know if accolades from a NON player are better than, less than or equal to those of an ACTUAL player. I can think of scenarios supporting all three. But whichever way: NICE.

Anonymous said...

Harley, they leave me in agony as well with this waiting -- I am 100% certain that you'll get it, but I'm not 100% certain that I'm right. ;)

Either way, I'm buying you a drink come August. :)

Hang in there!

db

Anonymous said...

Good luck fella.

j