3.01.2006

Papa was a rolling stone.
Starting tonight, I'm a one-project man. Since last August there hasn’t been a time when I haven’t been working on 2 to 3 different projects at once.

The chance to focus on writing one, just one, is a relief. It’s akin to what I imagine an adulterer must feel. Sure there are benefits to having 2 mistresses and a wife on hand, but after the glow wears off it is nice to quit the late night antics, settle down and get to know the one you love.

That’s how I feel right now. Committed, focused, devoted.

Of course, Harley’s still got a cheating heart, at least when it comes to writing projects.

See, there’s this hot, little new RPG that’s all the buzz. I nearly sent away for the rulebook today, with the plan of learning the rules and then submitting material. Had to cancel my PayPal order not once, but twice.

May 31st. Just need to make it to the end of the book and then I can start dating around again. ;)

Edit:*Laugh* I just remembered that I committed to writing up some rooms for a GenCon tournament special. But those are all due no later than the 6th.

Honestly. After that I'm done. >:)

7 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

You know what they say, Grimmy: once a cheater, always a cheater. ;) But, in this case, it's okay...soemtimes stepping away from a gig project to work on something else gives you fresh insight that makes both projects better.

At least, that's what I tell myself, heh.

Jeff LaSala said...

I made a promise like this myself recently. Of course, for YOU, Harley, if you said, "Starting tonight, I'm a three-project man," then we'd all be impressed by your mental discipline and think, "Wow, good for him. He's really cutting back."

:)

Anonymous said...

Bah -- single projects are overrated.

Whatever happened to spreading your see--er, wit?

'Course, I only say that because I can't pick which book to write. Grr. :)

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Then there are those who seek to take advantage of your weak willpower, to exploit your skill and passion.

I've known for a while how busy you are, and you've got much bigger opportunities ahead of you (including those that pay), but I've been working away on something that would probably benefit from your talents. I'm just been too polite to bother you with it knowing you needed to focus.

That doesn't mean I won't tempt you with it from time to time. Does that make me a seductress?

Ew.

I already got mistaken for a woman on the Worlds of D&D forum. Perhaps a seductor? Seducer? Sneaky devil? Hmm, probably that last one.

World building can be such a lonely task, and they do say two heads are better than one...

~ J.L. Collins ~

Harley said...

J.L.,

:) Call me after May. If my work is up to snuff, and if my vision lines up with yours, I'd be happy to help out.

Now, out an interest in honesty, I promised this before to Mike, but then freelancing "got in the way." But if I'm free, I'd be happy to help out.

//H

Harley said...

"Out of curiousity, what is the new RPG. I /think/ I might have an idea.."

Well, I'd love to get a chance to write for both Etherscope _and_ the new R.Tal Cyberpunk (a much, much longer shot).

But if you have any RPGs that have caught your eye, you know I'd love to play...

BTW, will you be in the Fort on the weekend of the 17th? I'm coming down for the Sisters but would love to meet you for sushi over the weekend...

Anonymous said...

Nice work on all counts, Harley Stroh. You have my respect.
tech-no-bi