4.04.2006

Fame and Glamour

A couple days ago I had the chance to skate with some of the students in the seventh grade. Awesome people, and fun to hang out with. They went home and made a facsimile of Harley on Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

If there is any greater honor, I don't know what it is.

Anyhow, that's not this image. I was hunting around for a THPS image of a bearded old fat dude, but sadly couldn't find one. I settled for this image because it will make my older friends laugh.

I did this trick a couple times in college. Wiped out hard every time, tore massive patches of skin off my back and ended up sleeping on bloody sheets for weeks.

Good times. :)

4 comments:

Harley said...

:) The motivation is that I'm so scared of dying ... there's this constant, pressing urge to demonstrate that I'm alive.

What till you see the photos a few weeks from now. Good stuff. I'll send you the DVD when we're done and you can taunt me at GenCon '07.

Mike said...

Sad ... but phrases like "Wiped out hard every time, tore massive patches of skin off my back and ended up sleeping on bloody sheets for weeks" make me want to get my board out of mothballs and start skating again.

Any good skating parks in Indy?

Harley said...

Yup. :D

One I've been daydreaming about:

http://www.skateboardparks.com/indiana/indyskatepark/index.html

I'm going to try to visit it during the Con ("Why does Harley have a broken wrist?") but there's a BMX class scheduled during that weekend so I might have to go early/late.

You're welcome to come, Mike! Pretty much it's all about falling down on concrete.

Harley said...

Attack of the Cones.

Love it.