4.12.2006

LJ: Feed me, Seymour
A big, deathy shout out is due to Deiter Zimmerman, author of Dragonmech, Etherscope, and DCC fame.

Deiter, a.k.a. Mythfish, a.k.a. the feared Badgerman, syndicated Choose Death, because, let's face it, ol' Harley-bot has been less than reliable.

So stop by, hire out his sword-fighting cadre – the Pheonix Swords - and otherwise give the Fish of Myth a dose of deathy love.

Anyone that is willing to don a Badger costume AND declares children to be flammable hazards is good in my book.

Oh yeah. The 'bones feed can be found here, http://syndicated.livejournal.com/grimbones_feed/, or add grimbones_feed to your LJ friends list.

Tangent: Juxtaposition is Sexy
On a related note, just poking around Deiter's online life makes me miss the Faire. Medieval costumes, women in bodices, and protective parent-types with swords. What more could a 14-year old geek ask for? It was a good place to grow up.

My first published story was written after falling hard for a Ren Faire girl. The image that is fixed in my mind is seeing her afterhours, dressed in faire garb and a black leather jacket that read, Punk isn't Dead, but some Punks Are. I want to say she had locks of dyed hair, but that might be my imagination playing with my memory.

Laugh. That image captures Harley's intrests in a nutshell. Good times. :)

7 comments:

Harley said...

You have me pegged closer than I care to admit, Mike. :D

Saurus:
Holy smokes! Ded Bob lives!

http://www.dedbob.com/main.htm

I "worked" with this guy for a bit. I'm wearing one of those shirts to the Con.

Gah. I am a geek.

Jw said...

all I have to say is, "Awwwwwwwwww!"

Anonymous said...

Faire garb + black leather jacket + dyed hair = *drool*

And thanks for the pimpage!

Setting up a feed at LJ is pretty simple. The hardest part is finding the page to do it. If you're a paid user there you can create as many feeds as you like, and you can make feeds of any blog or other news source that makes use of RSS, AtomFeed, or XML feeds (which most do these days). The downside of it is that for some reason it doesn't always seem to get the entire entire entry.

Mike said...

A good friend of mine worked at the New York Renaissance Festival in Sterling for many, many years - I spent quite a few weekends going up there to visit and hang out with him. (And, while I was there, I had a decent excuse to wear garb, drink mead, and flirt with some cute wenches ... )

Good times.

And definite nods to one of the comments above - tartan is amazing ly sexy around the right pair of hips. ;)

Harley said...

(No fear, Matt.)

Midnight Masons Kung-Fu Strike!

saurus said...

heh. i'm curious what happened to the fat theif that looked like me 40 years later?

as an aside, i ran into one of the ren faire girls that grims speaks of in denver many years later. we had attended a facility of higher education together and knew each other. we went out to dinner, went back to my place, sat around until 2 am yammering about something or other when she turns to me and said 'i should probably go home... or i could stay here'. silly saurus, comeons are for the dromiceiomimus!

walked her to the door i did.

to add insult to injury, she was out visiting her dying grandmother years later in california when i resided there. i picked her up, we drove back to sunnyvale, caught dinner and a movie and again come 2 am she turned to me and said 'well, i guess i'm going to turn in, can i sleep in your bed?'.

slept on the couch that night. woo-boy, what a doof i was. oh well, nothing to cure lost love except guns - off to buy a sten gun!

Harley said...

Foolish, foolish Saurus. Such a damn gentleman.

I chased that girl for years, then he kicks her to the curb, not once but twice. Makes Grimbones grin just thinking about it.

(For the record, this woman is not the same as Punk Isn’t Dead.) Where is Luethe these days? I'll raise a toast and a turkey leg to that girl any day.