4.18.2006

Third Act: Time to Get My Swerve On
You know how in the third act of some plays everything goes to hell? Well, a legal issue cropped up in one of my previously completed works, requiring speedy and massive rewriting before May 15. In case you haven't read the blog in the last 6 months, the vampire novel is due on May 31.

Up to now the vampire novel was ahead of schedule. This could dramatically change things. I need to hunker down, avoid turbo lasers, and write as I have never written before. If you don't see me posting again before May 31, it doesn't mean I stopped loving you.

But here's the thing: this is going to be fun. How often are you offered the chance to, literally, make or break? High stakes, do or die, taking the measure of a man. We put our characters through that all the time, but seldom live into the experience, unless it has to do with the death or sickness of a relative. This is the best of both worlds, since I get to fight for something incredibly important to me (Harley’s first published novel!) and even if I fail, nobody gets hurt.

So often the world is smear of grays. Rarely do we get the chance to play with a palette of black and white. Success/failure, book/no book.

I can’t say that I’m optimistic at this point, but I am hopeful. Rock and roll, and – for better or worse - I’ll see you on the other side.


Shut that dude up!
BTW, two modules are presently at the printers. Expect to see them on shelves within the month. Both will be exciting to see in print, especially Into the Wilds, my Keep on the Borderlands tribute. Watch this space. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, H! We're pulling for you.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Between you, Mike and Jeff (DCC World), Marce and Jeff (Eberron), and Ed, Kam, Eric, Jaliegh (Realms) ... the Choose Death Community wields absolute mastery over all of the cool d20 game worlds.

Power corrupts. What are you all planning on? Owlbears?

~Tankgrrl

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

If anyone can do it, it's you, Grimmy. You write more words after skating than I manage in a whole week. ;)

Mike said...

It's going to work out just fine.
It'll be completely insane, but it'll be fine. :)

Harley ... just let me know what needs doing. My writing schedule's not as crazy as yours right now, so I can take on the extra work if need be.

-Mike