6.29.2006

Lake Geneva West
This weekend I was down in Boulder, Colorado, falling down on concrete and regaling old friends with stories of new projects, and the triumphs/disasters associated with them. We were sitting at the Trident, a coffee shop down on the Pearl Street Mall, when it hit me.

I’m in Boulder. Do you know anyone else in Boulder that contributes to the RPG industry?

How about Keith Baker, author and designer of that little campaign setting called Eberron?

Suddenly I started looking around the shop, trying to spy anyone that might be working on a novel. This is Boulder, so that included nearly everyone in the shop. I narrowed my search down to folks with blue-lined graph paper, but still no dice*.

The coast clear, I continued my conversation, but at a lower decibel.

I'm still on the look out for Keith. I'll let you know if there is a sighting.

*I’m not half as funny as I think I am. But you know that.

//H

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith is a friend of a friend. I could get you his phone number if you really want it. :)

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

I’m not half as funny as I think I am.

But you are twice as geeky. ;)

Harley said...

Whoa! Dieter is connected! Cool. :) Do you ever plan on doing the Colorado Ren Faire?

====

Marce:

Phhhbbbbbbbt! ;)

//H

Anonymous said...

My old college roommate lives near there but. . . well, that doesn't help. :)

Over on worldsofdnd.com/forum, you might find Keith lurking about. It's taking over for Essential Eberron.

Cheers

Stuart said...

I live in Denver, and you didn't stop by? Geez, Harley. :) jk Wouldn't have been home anyway...

I met Keith a few years ago in Boulder at a signing for the Eberron source book, which had just come out a few weeks before. Nice guy, and obviously very knowledgeable about his world. I was mining him for info to add to my Eberron open call proposal. :D So, I didn't make the top 25 from my writing but due to his nuggets of info. lol I met his wife too. She stood off to the side for the most part, but was very proud of her man.

And given his obsession with cows, I could probably find his house if I had the inclination... ;)

Anonymous said...

Word on the street is that H is on a secret training mission somewhere out East, and I dunno what his internet access is like right now; so let me point out that over at Goodman Games a big project of his--and many other fine individuals--The Gazetteer of the Known Realms, has been announced. Kudos.

Here's the link: http://www.goodmangames.com/5034preview.php