6.26.2006

Sunday in the Valley.
Last night I was invited to see Yo-Yo Ma perform in Aspen. It was an amazing event. You couldn’t watch and not know that there was a master playing on stage. Excellence and mastery transcend all arts. I think I learned about writing by watching him play a cello.

Afterwards, I went to the skatepark and kicked around until the sun went down. Knowing that my life is a juncture between these disparate worlds makes me smile.

Good times. I'm a fortunate, fortunate person.

//H

1 comment:

ec said...

"Excellence and mastery transcend all arts. I think I learned about writing by watching him play a cello."

Great observation.

Where writing parallels are concerned, there's a lot to be said for the skating part of the evening, as well: push yourself along, fall down, get up again. Repeat as needed. :)