6.26.2006

We can only pray he uses his powers for good.
So the rumors are true. Through some sort of cosmic mistake I’ve been made line editor/developer for Goodman Games’ Dungeon Crawl Classics. What this means is that I’m the guy that commissions manuscripts, helps the writer flesh out an idea, commissions interior and cover art, and generally shepherds the module from conception to point where we hand it off to an editor.

It’s both exciting and terrifying, but the business cards are pretty sweet. ;)

The offer came at the perfect time. I was just looking around and thinking, “Wow, all my modules are starting to look a lot alike,” and ta-da: an excuse not to write modules* for a bit.

And the best part? There are some amazing writers out there that are coming out with amazing adventures. True story. But more about that next post.


*For Goodman Games. Whoops. Here come the NDA lawyers.

9 comments:

ec said...

Mazel tov! And I mean that in all possible spelling variations! :)

Word verification of the day: merza (noun)--a society for highly intelligent merfolk.

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Congrats, Grimmy! Very, very happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Harley! That's great!

Jaleigh

Kameron said...

Congrats. So, does this mean you get to quit your day job?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Harley! :)

"And so the beloved night job became the tragically necessary day job, and all was right in the world Grimbones had made."

- Book of Harley 9:16

Cheers

Harley said...

Thanks, guys and galls. But nope, not quitting my day job any time soon. It just means that I now have 2 night jobs. :)

//H

Lara said...

Congrats, Harley.

Mike said...

Through some sort of cosmic mistake...

Hardly. Unless you call persistence, hard work and a fantastic imagination a "cosmic mistake". : )

Again, congrats on a job well-earned.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Belated congrats. I've been a bit behind in my internet-checking-ness. So you're the man to run DCC ideas by now? I've been thinking I may want to try writing one at some point soon. I just need to come up with a good idea first. Bwah.