7.26.2006

Every night ...
...feels like a surrender.

I’m entirely sleep-dependent. When I get a good 7 hours I feel like a rockstar, and when I don’t I’m crabby and slamming coffee all day. (Well, actually I drink a lot of coffee regardless. And crabby is relative. Ask any of my very patient relations.)

Still, it’s frustrating to have to sleep. How much did I get done today? What did I fail to get done? How much more could I have accomplished?

When midnight rolls around I feel like I’m just coming up to speed. Electing to sleep is like losing a fight. Maybe that’s what Peter meant when he said, “Straight on 'till morning.”

5 comments:

Harley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harley said...

Erm...the blog administrator did no such thing. Time to change my password.

//H

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Look at it this way...your brain needs sleep to be creative, and, well, just to function properly. It's not a surrender, just a regroup and resupply. ;)

Jw said...

Chicago's summer heat has forced me to have 3 consecutive nights of only 5 hours of sleep. I manage to get to sleep only at my most tired, and when I wake it's simply too hot to lay there.

Around 2:00pm, this is a bad scene. I'm almost falling over with napitude.

But the mornings have been extremely productive, and I actually kinda like it.

Lara said...

There was this blurb on NPR this morning about a place in NYC where folks can leave work and go take a nap. It sounded heavenly...