8.07.2006

...GenCon Blackmoor releases...

Blackmoor CS Softcover
DA's Blackmoor

The entire "Son of Flame, Son of Hak" serial is included in this reprint. (Previously, only the first one or two episodes had seen the light of day).

This is one of those stories that wasn’t a favorite of mine, but that everyone else likes. If you haven’t picked up the Blackmoor sourcebook yet (or just want to get the cool fold out map) and end up getting this, let me know what you think.

Player's Guide to Blackmoor
DA's Blackmoor

I contributed some pseudo-fluff organization material for the Player’s Guide. Fun to write, especially since the whole is far greater than the parts. The group I wrote about was in direction opposition to the Wizards’ Cabal (the other organization I’ve contributed to), so somewhere in Blackmoor there are two of Harley’s “Wouldn’t this would be cool?” idea sets, warring it out with one another.

Fun. As a note to fellow writers, the speedy turn around on the Player’s Guide gig got me another 39k worth of Blackmoor work which I turned in last week, and another 89k project which I’ve just begun work on. That’s enough work to see me through to Christmas, though I’ll probably need to turn it in sooner.

If Blackmoor is your thing, the good people of Zeitgeist Games are working very hard to make you very happy.

====

Edit:

There are 5 "Stroh-related" d20 releases coming out at GenCon. "Palace in the Wastes," a crazy, unreleased/unannounced version of Project X, the 2 Blackmoor books above, and DCC World (which is really another 3 works, but what the heck).

I’m at a loss to convey how fortunate and grateful I am. This was never part of the plan. The real Harley Stroh was supposed to die of a car accident years ago. This life I’m living has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the world.

Does that make sense? I’m giving myself leave to babble, so it might not.

There is no virtue, talent or skill that separates me from anyone else. No magical formulae, and I’m certainly not some brilliant writer/game designer. I look around and see people far more accomplished and brilliant than I will ever be, and I just hope they hang in that last day to when their ideas go to print. I have two friends that are living examples of this, though the announcements haven't been made yet.

Still, I’m still not sure what to make of all this.

When it is all said and done, I’ll tell you the most ridiculous story about Harley and d20 … but not until then.

And it needs to be stated, I'm still nowhere close to making a living at this. :)

//H

5 comments:

Mike said...

Sweet! Will be sure to pick up copies at my FLGS.

I guess they responded to you for their open call, eh?

Harley said...

Heh. Guilty as charged.

//H

Harley said...

Thanks for the kind words, Paul. The top one is an Elmore, but I won't know who did the other illustration (or have a larger version of it) until it comes out in print.

But yes, Zeitgeist does a good job of making their books look good.

//H

Mike said...

Heh. Guilty as charged.

Sweet. Glad one of us got a response ... and the gig. :)

saurus said...

hehe. i'm bringing a big sharpie so i can get mine signed :)

and there'll be an interesting take on tequila "shots" at the airport radisson suite. come on over if yer into that sort of thing.