10.22.2008

The Kobolds Review 
Dragora's Dungeon

The kind kobolds at KQ had some nice things to say about Dragora's Dungeon. That's high praise given the folks that man the helm at the "little 'zine that could." 

Bear in mind, Dragora's continues to be a bit of an anomaly. It's not for first time DMs and certainly not for first time players. It's tough on both sides of the screen. The encounters are difficult, can easily swing to impossible if bad choices are made. My play testers characterized it as "Fair, but unforgiving," which is just what I was aiming for. (The reviewer, Johnn Four, expresses much of the same sentiment, but is far more eloquent.)   

I think/hope/pray that this degree of challenge also makes it more rewarding for experienced players, but I'd be lying if I said this adventure module was right for every group. Enjoy at your peril. 

//H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the one module of yours that I didn't pick up at GenCon and I've been kicking myself since then. Our group here has pretty much "been there, done that" in terms of D&D and something that would shake them up would be a good thing.

Of course, it's for the wrong game system, but I'm sure we could deal with that somehow... if we ever had time to play!